McCormick House

 1951 - 1952

The Story

The McCormick House is one instance of Mies' "Steel Frame Row Houses." It is reported that its steel-framed walls were brought from the factory to the site only under special allowance by the police for the transport vehicles. In 1994, the house was moved several blocks from its original location to a public park where it now operates as the Elmhurst Art Museum.